I am primarily interested in cognition, and more specifically in psycholinguistics and reading.
My main findings (obtained with my collaborators) are the following:
- Consonants are more important than vowels during lexical access in reading
- Reading automaticity occurs only after 5 months of teaching reading in French
- Letters are perceived as taller than pseudoletters, words are perceived as taller than pseudowords
- Subtitle frequencies are better predictor of reading times than written frequencies
- The very good results from subtitles movies and TV series frequencies is another demonstration that phonological representations are very important during reading
- Blogs and Twitter frequencies are good alternative to book and subtitle frequencies